The Association of the Century has established the following criteria for administering and awarding the MG Benjamin J. Butler Scholarship Award.
|If you would care to donate to the scholarship fund, use the button below:|
Effective January 1, 2015 , The Association of the Century (AOC) has established the following criteria for administering the MG Benjamin J. Butler "Century Division" Scholarship Program.
Nomination form/applications for scholarship grants may be submitted for or by qualified individuals who are pursuing a four-year degree program at an accredited college or university. One or more scholarship grants may be made annually from the MG Benjamin J. Butler "Century Division" Scholarship Fund (hereinafter "Fund") which is managed by The Community Foundation of Louisville ( hereinafter "Foundation")
Scholarship assistance from the Fund shall be used to help defray the full cost or any portion of the cost of any or all of the following: (1) tuition; (2) books; (3) academic fees; (4) room and board expenses for housing made available through the educational institution; and (5) any equipment purchased through the university. Each grant will be at least $1,000 and will be made payable to the educational institution. All grants will be awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis per the Scholarship Endowment Fund Agreement with The Community Foundation of Louisville.
Eligibility for consideration is based on the following guidelines and will be validated by the AOC initial selection committee:
1. Nominee for the scholarship must be: 1) an active, retired or former member of the United States Army 100th Infantry Division or any of its successor designations, including, but not limited to the 100th Division (Training) or its successor designations such as 100th Division (Operational Support); or 2) be a direct lineal descendent of one of the foregoing individuals; or 3) be a legally adopted dependant or acknowledged by The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)as a dependent of one of the foregoing individuals.
2. Nominated individual must be in the senior year of high school or a high school graduate and must have been accepted for admission to an institution of higher education. Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
After having met the above requirements, the selection committee established by the Foundation will make the final selection of the winning applicant/applicants based upon (1) demonstrated financial need; (2) qualities of good citizenship and patriotism, as indicated by community service, leadership positions, and/or letters of recommendation; (3) other letters of recommendation; and (4) demonstrated academic excellence.
3. The following documentation, as applicable, must be included in the applicant's nominating packet:
* American College Test (ACT) Score and/or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Score
* Grade Point Average (GPA) (include High School or current college Transcript)
* Membership in National Honor Societies
* Honors and Awards Received
* Membership in Junior ROTC
* Extra Curricular Activities, Community Activities and/or Military
* A typed essay of 250 words on "How This Scholarship Will Help Me Achieve My Goals" signed by the applicant.
* Two signed letters of recommendation from a non-family member are required to include contact information for the recommending individual.
4. Effective 1 January 2015, there is a lifetime award limit of two awards per applicant.
Nominating packets for eligible individuals must be sent to The Association of the Century, Inc., Attn: "Century Division" Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 34393, Louisville, KY 40232 not later than June 15th of the year of consideration and include the required documentation listed in paragraph 3 above.Nomination Form
Option 1. If you care to donate to the MG Benjamin J. Butler Scholarship Fund on, please use the donate button below:
Option 2. You can print and mail the scholarship donation form by clicking here.The mailing address is on the membership application.